Code for Africa (CfA) has an immediate vacancy for a Front End Software Engineer to join one of our civic technology labs in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Role
The successful candidate will report to Code for Africa’s lead technologist, and will work with the tech support teams to build robust systems / infrastructure to support substantial growth over the next three years.
Code for Africa is an advocate for open source software, and the successful candidate would be required to use guidelines and best practices as part of the development work. Also in keeping with Code for Africa’s values, the engineer will also interact with grantees, partners, and the community.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with UI designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development problems.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Implement designs, including user flows, wireframes, mocks and prototypes into projects.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make our products better for our users.
- Collaborate with a geographically distributed team of designers, researchers, developers, and journalists; proactively explore all options.
What You’ve Got
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Applications development experience, working in Unix or related environments.
- Critical thinking skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and in a multicultural environment distributed across Africa
How to Apply:
Fill in this form: here by 15 February 2020.
References must be provided.
About The Federation:
About Code for Africa:
Code for Africa is the continent’s largest federation of independent civic technology and data journalism laboratories, which build digital democracy solutions giving citizens unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthen civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability.
. . .
At CfA, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. CfA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: CfA does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, CfA employees or any other company location. CfA is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.