Do you want to help rewire the way that Africa’s media and NGO sectors operate? Code for Africa (CfAfrica) is searching for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Cape Town, South Africa, to provide logistics and admin support to our teams across the continent.
CfAfrica operates as an umbrella federation of non-partisan civic data and civic technology experts and organizations. Its members include fully-fledged technology labs, alongside individual data analysts, people with expertise in digital and communications technology and journalists who are all working together to inform and empower citizens. The initiative is driven and co-founded by grassroots citizen organizations, media-focused civic organizations and global donors, and is focused primarily on supporting the access to human rights and free media, building the capacity and responsiveness of government through empowering civil society and the watchdog media with technology capacity.
The Administrative Assistant will will provide office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, supporting the work of management plus other staff to facilitate efficient operation of the organization. Overall, he/she will perform a wide range of administrative and office support duties for the administration department, managers and different programmes officers.
- Facilitate all logistical aspects of office operations.
- Assist with all administrative aspects of CfAfrica events, including data bootcamps, hackathons, data MasterClasses, conferences, HacksHackersAfrica meetups, strategy meetings etc.
- Book travel arrangements associated with events and internal meetings.
- Assist the CfAfrica Manager in processing of the daily workflow.
- Be familiar with functions of the CfAfrica Manager to assume all duties in her absence, as required.
- Assist with special projects and assume responsibility for their development, administration, and promotion, as required.
- Provide general support to CfAfrica Fellows, trainers, consultants and visitors.
- Assist in the preparation of donor narrative and financial reports.
- Submit and reconcile payment requisitions and expense reports.
- Maintain inventory of office orders as necessary and operate standard office equipment.
- Other duties as required.
- Diploma (or anything higher) in Accounting, Bookkeeping and Administration.
- Any experience in project management would be an added advantage.
- Proven administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Computer and Internet proficiency.
- Familiarity with multicultural professional environment and teamwork.
To apply: Applicants should submit a C.V, a cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25 May, 2016.
NOTE: This is a temporary position, tenable for four months, 25 May – 25 September, with the possibility of extension depending on availability of funds and the individual’s progress-review.