Code for Tanzania is a non-partisan civic data and civic technology ‘change agent’. We use civic technologies and open data to build digital democracies that afford citizens timely and unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthens civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability.
Code for Tanzania is seeking a talented and well rounded software developer that has a strong understanding and relevant experience with web and database development technologies. Candidates must be familiar with software development lifecycle, experience with testing techniques and deploying code across multiple environments. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to software design, software development, software testing, software debugging, documenting & supporting new and existing products.
If you are seeking to work for an organization that is professional, fun, fast paced and provides a chance to make an impact then you’ve found your match. Attractive remuneration package.
- 3+ year of experience in a hands on software development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to deliver software projects within tight deadlines
- In depth familiarity with software development lifecycle
- Experience working in development organizations and donor funded projects a plus
- Experience working on data analytics, big data, business intelligence and similar work a plus
- Read and understand API documents and learn quickly to implement
- Communicate well with team members, team lead
- Document work regularly and clearly
- Very comfortable using online collaboration and communication platforms
- Work independently and flexibly beyond job description
- Location – Dar es Salaam
- Strong experience in atleast one of Ruby, PHP, Python
- Frameworks – Laravel, WordPress, Django, Flask, Node.js,
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with data visualisation, data cleaning and data management tools a plus
- Integration experience with HTTP, XML, SOAP, JSON and other APIs
Send Resume/CV with cover letter to : [email protected]
Qualifying candidates shall be contacted.
References must be provided.