Code for Africa is recruiting a full-time Tech Programme & Product Manager, based at its main civic technology lab in Nairobi, Kenya.
Code for Africa’s projects, like our users, span the continent and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Programme Manager at Code for Africa, you lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal clients and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
You will work closely with the Engineering, Data Quality Product teams, and Operations to drive ML model and platform development initiatives. You will enable extended team effectiveness and productivity by providing insight, plans, and process to execute highly cross-functional projects at scale.
The successful candidate will report to Code for Africa’s lead technologist, and will work with the tech support teams to build robust systems / infrastructure to support substantial growth over the next three years.
Code for Africa is an advocate for open source software, and the successful candidate would be required to use guidelines and best practices as part of the development work. Also in keeping with Code for Africa’s values, the engineer will also interact with grantees, partners, and the community.
- Work with Product and Engineering to define (and refine) the vision and roadmap. Establish project plans and execution strategy.
- Remove roadblocks, increase engineering velocity, and speed up releases and launches.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product leadership to align project priorities and schedules across large and geographically distributed cross-functional groups.
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope; Drive project delivery, challenge proposals, and build consensus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in software development, computer science, program management, and managing engineering projects.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated technical and program management skills
- Proven technical skills, including data gathering and analysis.
- Experience aligning multiple groups around a single objective.
- The ability to work within an integrated and distributed team composed of both highly technical and non-technical members.
- The ability to manage/juggle competing priorities without a loss of efficiency.
How to Apply:
Apply by filling this form – https://goo.gl/forms/QeDga5KWG9b5GhKk2
At Code for Africa, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Code for Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Code for Africa tech team does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Code for Africa employees or any other company location. Code for Africa is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.