The International Center for Journalists, a nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., is seeking Program Assistant to support its flagship program, the ICFJ Knight Fellowships in Africa. ICFJ leads a global network of digital entrepreneurs and visionaries that transform the way mobile, data, social media and other interactive technologies are used in journalism. To achieve this, we partner with newsrooms, startups, technology companies, universities and other organizations to help them adopt or invent new technology and strategies.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Africa programs team in tracking key project impacts on journalism, technology, organizations and society. He/she will be responsible for tracking and interpreting key performance indicators (KPI) data and transforming it into insights, recommendations and reports.
The Program Assistant will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
- Assist in the daily tracking of key project impacts including use of monitoring tools such as web analytics, online surveys, and evaluation plans.
- Support the program’s monitoring and evaluation consultant in maintaining and updating spreadsheets to track program activities, workplans, results and impact.
- Generate key performance metrics from Google Analytics and other impact measurement tools while providing timely and quality data analysis and insights to the team.
- Assist in producing weekly and monthly summaries of monitoring data for presentation to Program team.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and annual impact reports.
- Ad Hoc admin tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in media/journalism, international development, management or related field;
- Minimum of one year of experience working in a professional office environment;
- Digitally savvy, with in-depth understanding of website metrics and KPIs, including detailed knowledge of Google Analytics, and other web analytics packages;
- Experience with social media monitoring and the use of social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially MS Word and MS Excel);
- Ability to process, organize and manage information; Salesforce or other database experience is a plus;
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a high-energy, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent writing and communication skills (English);
- Attention to detail;
- Self motivated.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume including salary history, a cover letter, and contact information for three references to Irene Wangui at ([email protected])