Code for All is hiring a Communication Lead. They will be responsible for ensuring the right information is finding the right people inside and outside the Code for All network. Working in close collaboration with the Code for All Coordinator, your role is to help keep everyone in the loop of what’s been happening and what’s been learned, and help foster connections between members.
- Lead all internal and external communications activities for Code for All.
- Curate a monthly newsletter for members using Mailchimp, which gathers updates from members and opportunities from the wider civic tech community.
- Replicate the newsletter for our wider community, using Mailchimp and by posting on Medium.
- Source ideas for and create fortnightly blog posts about highlights from within the network, to post on Medium.
- Maintain an active presence on the Code for All Twitter and Facebook pages.
- Help manage inbound messages to Code for All and connect people to the right places and people.
- Schedule and facilitate peer-learning webinars with members from, and on topics relevant and requested by the member network.
- Support the Code for All network with improving and maintaining member engagement.
- Experiment with ways to keep members engaged within the network, via whatever channels you’d like to use.
- Support the Code for All Coordinator in measuring and tracking member engagement.
- Support the Code for All Coordinator in the development of strategy and programming for the network, especially as it pertains to communications.
- Support the Code for All Coordinator in creating beautiful artefacts and documents to help support their work.
Who We’re Looking For
This role is a great fit for someone who is up for chatting with anyone, has a natural curiosity about how things work and has the confidence to be a communications team of one!
We’re looking for someone who is adaptable, organized, comfortable working in the open and a natural problem-solver – someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves and use whatever tools required to get the job done.
Despite the name Code for All, technical proficiency is not a requirement. Confidence using different online tools, or being up for learning how to use them, is key however.
- At least eight hours per week
- 12 month contract, from September 2019 – August 2020
What We Offer
- An amazing adventure!
- The opportunity to play a crucial part in the largest civic tech community, with connections all over the world.
- Training and support in areas that you want to grow in.
- Autonomy to experiment with new ideas and grow your skill set.
- Flexible hours with a fully remote team.
Take The Next Step
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love to hear from you! You can submit your expression of interest via this Typeform.
Applications are open until September 2 2019.