Code for Tanzania is a non-partisan civic data and civic technology ‘change agent’. We use civic technologies and open data to build digital democracies that afford citizens timely and unfettered access to actionable information that empowers them to make informed decisions and that strengthens civic engagement for improved public governance and accountability.
Code for Tanzania is seeking a talented and flexible senior level software development engineers to develop innovative new data driven software tools and manage a team of junior developers. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to design, development, coding, testing, debugging, documenting & supporting new and existing products.
If you are seeking to work for an organization that is professional, fun, fast paced and provides a chance to make an impact then you’ve found your match. Attractive remuneration package.
- 5+ year of experience in a telecoms, software development or technical role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to deliver software projects within tight deadlines
- Hands On software development experience
- Familiar with software development lifecycle
- Experience working in development organizations and donor funded projects a plus
- Experience working on data analytics, big data, business intelligence and similar work a plus
- Read and understand API documents and learn quickly to implement
- Communicate well with team members, management, vendors and partners
- Articulate and present work to donors, partners and
- Document work regularly and clearly
- Lead testing, migration and deployment of new applications, upgrades and patches
- Manage support team and ensure tickets are closed in the shortest amount of time
- Very comfortable using online collaboration and communication platforms
- Work independently and flexibly beyond job description
- Take ownership of projects and lead & supervise junior developers
- Location – Dar es Salaam
- Strong experience in atleast one of PHP, Python, Ruby
- Frameworks – Laravel, WordPress, Django, Flask, Node.js,
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with data visualisation, data cleaning and data management tools a plus
- Integration experience with HTTP, XML, SOAP, JSON and other APIs
- Experience with system administration on Linux servers and basic knowledge of networking principles
Send Resume/CV with cover letter to : [email protected]
Qualifying candidates shall be contacted.
References must be provided.