africanDRONE is looking for an experienced OPERATIONS MANAGER to work full-time in our office in Cape Town, to assist with project management, logistics, communications, and operations.
africanDRONE is a new NPO which is being incubated by Code for Africa’s innovateAFRICA programme and aims to promote and connect drone pilots and journalists throughout the continent of Africa. It also coordinates drone journalism projects and supports them with direct grants, and organizes drone meetups and events throughout the continent. With our media partners throughout Africa, we have created multiple short and long-form pieces of drone journalism and will continue to do so in 2018.
This individual would work directly with the Director to assist in the daily operations of africanDRONE. This individual would be expected to coordinate and manage several projects which will be launched in early 2018, including a website redesign, managing several journalism projects, and coordinating drone camps.
The candidate will have the ability to manage logistics, processes, edit documents, and keep schedules. Candidates should feel comfortable taking initiative, working independently, using online communications and messaging tools, and being flexible in their approach to their work. Preferred candidates would have a background in journalism or production, and be willing to offer editorial criticism and manage projects authoritatively.
- Strong organisational and project managing skills with proven track record in managing projects and teams.
- At least 5 years experience working in a multimedia and /or digital environments.
- Experience working with budgets.
- Experience in journalism, creative processes, or production is a plus.
- Strong communications skills in written and spoken form.
- Highly competent working with Slack, Google folders/Docs/Sheets.
- Has own laptop.
- Self-motivated, energetic personality with the ability to work independently.
- Willing to be flexible in work environment and tasks.
- Ability to manage multiple unconnected management processes at the same time.
- Commitment to social issues and stories that “make a difference” a huge plus.
- Available to start in January 2018.
- Manage the build of a new website and online marketplace to showcase drone work around the continent.
- Help to set up operational systems that will work across multiple countries.
- Manage the marketing of africanDRONE.
- Manage the logistics and promotion of drone meetups around the continent.
- Managing budgets and payments.
- Manage communications and newsletters to members.
How to Apply:
Please send CVs and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 December 2017.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
This position is available for one year, with an initial three month probation period with the possibility of renewal.